Re: [News] Seagate Tries to Make Peace with GNU/Linux After Gross Discrimination

On 2007-12-12, Dr H <hiawatha@xxxxxxx> claimed:

> On Wed, 12 Dec 2007, Roy Schestowitz wondrously revealed:
>
> }
> }Seagate: Vista OS requires 250GB to 1TB of storage
> }
> },----[ Quote ]
> }| Seagate exec: To fully leverage Vista, you need 250GB to 1TB of storage
> }`----
> }
> }http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9038438
>
> <jaw drops> A *terabyte*?!  All of the data that I've every produced on
>  all of the computers that I've every used in my *life* wouldn't require
>  a Tb to store it.  Sheesh!
>
>  I seem to remember reading somewhere that it was estimated that all of
>  the data stored in a human brain over an average-length lifetime could
>  be stored in 4 to 5 Tb.  Vista needs 20-25% of that?
>
> Dr H

Only for the viruses, trojans, worms, spyware and other support
programs it needs to function properly. For Vista itself you could get
by with 359G (the OS and 42 scanning programs that fail to detect the
other things that take up the remainder of the TB storage).

--
A child's face says it all, especially the mouth part of the face.