Re: [News] Eee PC Has a New Linux Competitor, Review of Eee From PC Magazine

____/ Tom Shelton on Wednesday 12 December 2007 17:05 : \____

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2007/12/11/linux-based-everex-cloudbook-laptop-revealed

>> ASUS Eee PC 4G
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| What you might have missed is that ASUS, a company known for making laptops
>>| and laptop parts, recently launched its own answer to the XO laptop, the
>>| Eee PC, a 2-pound ultraportable that's well worth its $400 price, even
>>| though it has only 4GB of storage and a Linux operating system.
>> `----

> Saw my first Eee PC the other day.  Very nice - but it wasn't running
> Linux, it was running XP.

Well, now you know how I feel when I see all those boxes with the "XP" sticker
on them. They are all running GNU/Linux and boot with GRUB.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Ballmer O/S - so furious it may crash
Swap:  1510068k total,   228088k used,  1281980k free,    86212k cached