Re: [News] Seagate Tries to Make Peace with GNU/Linux After Gross Discrimination

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007, Roy Schestowitz wondrously revealed:

}
}Seagate: Vista OS requires 250GB to 1TB of storage
}
},----[ Quote ]
}| Seagate exec: To fully leverage Vista, you need 250GB to 1TB of storage
}`----
}
}http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9038438

 <jaw drops> A *terabyte*?!  All of the data that I've every produced on
 all of the computers that I've every used in my *life* wouldn't require
 a Tb to store it.  Sheesh!

 I seem to remember reading somewhere that it was estimated that all of
 the data stored in a human brain over an average-length lifetime could
 be stored in 4 to 5 Tb.  Vista needs 20-25% of that?

Dr H