Re: [News] [Rival] The MSBBC is Advertising Windows Vista, at No Cost

____/ Kier on Sunday 30 December 2007 00:04 : \____

> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 23:29:16 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

>>> ____/ Kier on Tuesday 25 December 2007 23:10 : \____

>>> We know for a fact that it's the pressure from the public and 2 lobbying
>>> groups that had iPlayer available for other platforms. Pressure helps. If
>>> it weren't for the call for action, everything other than Windows would be
>>> totally ignored.
>>>

>> There will be no iPlayer for non-Vista platforms.  There is an adobe-based
>> streaming solution, but apparently it is limited in many respects.
>
> So far. The problem is DRM.

Yes, it's a problem. Everyone wants DRM *DEAD*, except Microsoft. It said it
out loud. The problem is not the use of DRM, which by the way can work on
Linux too.

>> The pressure on the BBC forced the realisation of an alternative
>> streaming solution for non-Microsoft non-Vista users, but it's very much
>> the 2nd-class citizen, and will never have the 10s to 100s  of millions
>> thrown at it which the iPlayer had, because there is no way, politically,
>> that the BBC could get away with a c*ck-up of such awesome proportions
>> a second time in such short order.
>
> How do you *know* all this? Or is it just guesswork?

By the way, the BBC said that next year the iPlayer (download service) would be
available for other platforms "such as the Mac" (quoting from memory).
Promises are not deeds, but we shall see. You still know who gets the big
money out of this fiasco.

>> Microsoft do not care - they have our money, including Kier's, and they
>> will offer nothing in return.
>
> Proof, man, proof. You can't keep saying this stuff without offering
> actual evidence.

*LOL* Hasn't the BBC /already/ said that 130 million pounds were spent on that
binary blobs that is essentially spyware (it is!) and is inferior to streaming
solutions?

Ribbon-type shortcuts in Palm handhelds leads to SMS talk. We must we
abbreviate?
Cpu(s): 24.8%us,  4.1%sy,  1.0%ni, 66.0%id,  3.7%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st