Re: Windows vs Linux job opportunities

In article <3704195.MERJSiIKIz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> >> Searches like "windows devicer drive development" versus "linux device
> >> driver development" might be a lot more informative.
> >>
> >> Unless secretarial work is what you're looking for.
> >
> > I get a little more focused farther into the post, but yes, I admit its
> > rather unscientific.  Still, dice is more geared to tech jobs than some
> > other job boards, so the numbers are probably more accurate than you
> > might expect.
>
> AZ is right. That's just why I hate it when people use Google
> Trends /comparisons/ for... pretty much anything where there's ambiguity or
> terminology change.

Thad seems to be pretty bright.  (He's correctly corrected me a couple
of times--something you certainly have never come close to doing...).
I'd expect he's bright enough to figure out how to do a decent search at
a jobs search site, and he's bright enough to pick a jobs search site
that isn't going to have a lot of secretarial work listed to skew the
results too much.

And he's also bright enough to do searches for more than one kind of
skill, so that they can be looked at as a whole, to mitigate the effects
of one search being skewed by inadvertently including some non-tech
class of jobs.  And gee...it looks like he did that.

--
--Tim Smith