Re: Windows vs Linux job opportunities

____/ thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Friday 21 December 2007 19:20 : \____

> AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> But what kinds of searches are you performing?  Just the word "windows?"
>> There are a *lot* of jobs that have "windows" or "microsoft office" in their
>> requirements, but is answering the phone and typing dictation the kind of
>> job you're looking for? Looking for janitarial position where you'll have to
>> wash windows?
>>
>> Searches like "windows devicer drive development" versus "linux device
>> driver development" might be a lot more informative.
>>
>> Unless secretarial work is what you're looking for.
>
> I get a little more focused farther into the post, but yes, I admit its
> rather unscientific.  Still, dice is more geared to tech jobs than some
> other job boards, so the numbers are probably more accurate than you
> might expect.

AZ is right. That's just why I hate it when people use Google
Trends /comparisons/ for... pretty much anything where there's ambiguity or
terminology change.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Anonymous posters are more frequently disregarded
Swap:  1510068k total,   117332k used,  1392736k free,   166836k cached