Re: Vista sets 2007 land-speed record for copying and deleting

____/ philo on Friday 21 December 2007 11:29 : \____

http://www.forbes.com/2006/11/30/books-information-preservation-tech-media_cx_ee_books06_1201acid.html?partner=yahootix

>> --
>>                 ~~ Best of wishes
>

> Hmmm...
> maybe instead og backing up my data to DVD's
> I should enscribe my data onto clay tablets!

DVDs? That's so yesterday. They now have 'new and improved' HD. Sooner or
later, DVD drives will be as hard to find as videotapes and a VCR. Microsoft
doesn't even want HD-DVD to succeed. In fact, it's claimed to be fuelling a
formats war so that DRM (expireable) content becomes the new 'storage' media.
OOXML in MSO07 already has encryption/DRM. So does Vista and XBox260 (VoD).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I blame God for making me an atheist"
 12:05:01 up 11 days, 53 min,  4 users,  load average: 0.53, 0.95, 1.05