[News] Microsoft's Gamble Against Web Will Cost It

The future of operating systems

,----[ Quote ]
| I don't know what the OS creators are going to do, but my sole
| prediction for all operating systems is this: The ones that play
| nice with the Web will win. The others will be ignored and
| pushed aside.
`----

http://franticindustries.com/blog/2007/02/09/the-future-of-operating-systems/

Internet Explorer is still a poor browser compared to its peers. IE (and its
sister tools) is also adverse to standards and not secure. Its proprietary
extensions could take it to court and make its distribution illegal (see
below).

Related:

ECIS Accuses Microsoft of Plotting HTML Hijack

,----[ Quote ]
| An industry coalition that has represented competitors of Microsoft
| in European markets before the European Commission stepped up its
| public relations offensive this morning, this time accusing
| Microsoft of scheming to upset HTML's place in the fabric of
| the Internet with XAML, an XML-based layout lexicon for
| network applications.
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/ECIS_Accuses_Microsoft_of_Plotting_HTML_Hijack/1169824569

Software rivals say Microsoft's Vista illegal in Europe (at CNNMoney.com)

,----[ Excerpt ]

`----

http://money.cnn.com/2007/01/26/news/international/bc.vista.microsoft.eu.reut/index.htm?source=yahoo_quote