Re: [News] Forbe$ Tells the Truth About Vista, Why Can't the BBC?

  • Subject: Re: [News] Forbe$ Tells the Truth About Vista, Why Can't the BBC?
  • From: Robert Parsonage <robp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 21:29:54 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 19:48:29 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Dim Vista
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Windows Vista: more than five years in the making, more than 50
> | millio lines of code. The result? A vista slightly more inspiring
> | than the one over the town dump. The new slogan is: "The 'Wow'
> | Starts Now," and Microsoft touts new features, many filched
> | shamelessly from Apple's Macintosh. But as with every previous
> | version, there's no wow here, not even in ironic quotes. Vista is
> | at best mildly annoying and at worst makes you want to rush to
> | Redmond, Wash.  and rip somebody's liver out.
> |
> | Vista is a fading theme park with a few new rides, lots of
> | patched-up old ones and bored kids in desperate need of adult
> | supervision running things. If I can find plenty of problems in a
> | matter of hours, why can't Microsoft? Most likely answer: It
> | did--and it doesn't care.
> `----
>
> http://www.forbes.com/free_forbes/2007/0226/050.html?partner=yahoomag
>
> Finally. An objective (not promotional) review from a major
> publication. Due to be released in February 26th.

Excellent down to earth review. I like the last part:

'As Bill Gates winds down his roles at Microsoft, Windows Vista may be
 the chief software architect's swan song. It's a shame his legacy is
 something so utterly unimaginative, internally discordant and
 woefully out of tune.'

Shame? Legacy? Windows has always been 'utterly unimaginative,
internally discordant and woefully out of tune'