Re: WINDOPES XP REBOOTS MY PC

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Saturday 10 February 2007 03:55 \__

> There I was...fully updated...downloading Veronica Mars and the latest
> edition of Lost using bittorrent.
>
> And...suddenly...my PC reboots...into the default Suse 10.1 Linux.
>
> Is there a greater condemnation???
>
> Windopes can't handle sockets.
>
> Period.
>
> End of story.

Maybe Windows was cleaning a virus...

Smart Restart, security solution for home users

,----[ Quote ]
| Smart Restart will give the user a clean, pristine computer every
| time they reboot. While other security companies are devising new
| methods to restrict, alert, or even sometimes provide a false
| risk report steering users away from a site, Smart Restart
| allows the user total freedom to surf without concern of lurking malware.
|
| [...]
|
| When protection is turned on, any changes made to the system's
| hard drive configuration are wiped clean by simply rebooting
| the computer. When the computer is rebooted, it is restored to
| its original configuration.
`----

http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=4653

They reinvented the Live CD. It's intended to escape malware, rather than
address the issue.

Look at the bright side. Not so long ago I read a story from a guy who lost
hours worth of work. While absent (coffee I think), Windows decided to fetch
update and reboot (without saving).

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Bottom-post: as English goes from top to bottom
Tasks: 129 total,   1 running, 124 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie