Re: Review of Sabayon, Ubuntu, Win4Lin (All Get Thumbs Up)

  • Subject: Re: Review of Sabayon, Ubuntu, Win4Lin (All Get Thumbs Up)
  • From: "Rex Ballard" <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 7 Feb 2007 15:26:32 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Feb 7, 5:40 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ReviewLinux.Com: My Experiences with Ubuntu 6.10
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | In conclusion,  I have been using Ubuntu 6.10 now for almost 4 months.
> | It has not failed on me yet and I would recommend it to anyone.
> | They have a great user community which are more than happy to help
> | anyone.  If you want to discuss anything else about my system setup
> | please post in reviewlinux.com forums under this article and I will
> | try to answer all questions.
> `----
>
> http://www.reviewlinux.com/index.php?m=show&id=4563

Ubuntu must be Microsoft's worst nightmere. Here is an OS which has
been able to outmaneuver Microsoft and provides a clean and efficient
system that still looks nice and doesn't waste screen space. Worse,
Ubuntu isn't controlled by a huge corporation that can easily be
manipulated through stock proxies (the way Caldera, Red Hat, and
Novell were taken out of the desktop market).

> Win4Lin Pro Desktop 3.5 review
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | For those who would love to switch to GNU/Linux, but can't do
> | without Windows-only programs from companies like Adobe, Corel,
> | and Microsoft, Win4Lin is undoubtedly the solution to your dilemma.
> | Paired with a good, hassle-free commercial GNU/Linux distribution
> | like Xandros, Linspire, or Mandriva, a Windows refugee will have
> | everything he needs while keeping his software costs below thep
> | rice of a Windows Vista upgrade.
> `----
> http://www.softwareinreview.com/cms/content/view/64

There is a caveat to Win4Lin. You must have valid Windows license.
Furthermore, Vista home basic MAY NOT be used with Win4Lin.  Neither
can Home Premium.  You can use either Ultimate or Business.
Furthermore, you do not have the option of downgrading back to Windows
XP once you have accepted the Vista license.