[News] Record Year for Open Source Database and the Best is Yet to Come

MySQL AB Completes Record Year

,----[ Quote ]
| "Open source software adoption has come to an inflection point --
| past the early-adopter 'techie' phase and now reaching mainstream
| corporate use," said Marten Mickos, MySQL AB's Chief Executive Officer.
| "We are readying our company and delivering products to take advantage
| of this market-change. We expect to see increasing interest in open
| source from CEOs and CFOs, as well as from industry partners such
| as Capgemini, Red Hat and Unisys."
`----

http://opensourceblog.itproportal.com/?p=266

It is not surprising that Ellison is trying to 'choke' Red Hat and MySQL.

Related:

Will Oracle launch Unbreakable MySQL?

,----[ Quote ]
| "They have hinted to us that they will," said Mickos, indicating
| that the database giant is planning to repeat its October 2006
| Unbreakable Linux plan, which saw it undercut Red Hat with
| enterprise Linux support.
`----

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2007/01/will_oracle_lau.html

The real point of Unbreakable Linux: breaking Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]