Re: Vista "virus" detectors fail.....

__/ [ Gordon ] on Monday 05 February 2007 18:14 \__

Windows Vista: It's More Secure, We Promise

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, allow me to take a moment to remind everyone of something that
| you might not remember - XP was also touted as being ultra secure.
| Seriously, can anyone honestly look themselves in the mirror and say
| this is the gospel truth? You have got to be kidding me. Similar to
| XP, Microsoft promises to have the most secure Windows version to date
| yet again.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2357&Itemid=449

Going about a month back:

Windows Vista's first malware warning

,----[ Quote ]
| Web-based email services expose Windows Vista
`----

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=7748

Three of the top ten malware threats run on Microsoft Vista, Sophos
tests show

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.sophos.com/pressoffice/news/articles/2006/11/toptennov.html?_log_from=rss

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Avoid missing ball for higher score"
  2:00am  up 14 days  2:18,  8 users,  load average: 0.46, 0.55, 0.70