Re: [News] BBC Flooded with Complaints Over Pro-Microsoft Bias

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Sunday 04 February 2007 21:45 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Beeb slammed for 'fawning' to Bill Gates
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | BBC viewers have flooded the corporation with complaints over how it
>> | covered the launch of Microsoft Vista earlier this week.
> [snip]
>> Related:
>>
>> http://slated.org/bbc_microsoft_bias
>
> New:
>
> http://slated.org/more_bbc_microsoft_bias

I was goint to Digg this, but I can barely surf the Net at the moment. I'm
telling you, those zombies have taken over the University network.  I'll
have to encourage more disconnections first thing in the morning.

Botnet 'pandemic' threatens to strangle the net

,----[ Quote ]
| Cerf estimated that between 100 million and 150 million of the
| 600 million PCs on the internet are under the control of hackers,
| the BBC reports. "Despite all that, the net is still working,
| which is pretty amazing. It's pretty resilient," he said.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/26/botnet_threat/

How Long Does It Take To Catch A Computer Virus?

,----[ Quote ]
| Would you believe only 8 seconds?
|
| In fact, after only 8 seconds, the unsuspecting little rascal was
| undergoing the machine equivalent of being turned into a "Pod
| person from the planet Mars!" First, it was hit by Sasser, one of
| the fastest spreading worms on the Internet. Then it started
| downloading strange programs from mysterious internet addresses.
| Then it started looking for other machines to infect.
|
| Within five minutes, the little rapscallion was running so many
| malicious programs that it was running totally choked up and its
| CPU was 100% occupied performing virus-related tasks.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=197002712&subSection=All+Stories

People will understand a one-month suspension and a 50 pound fine, I'm
f**king tired of this. It has gone on for a couple of week now and I can't
do my work.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Microsoft: a device for converting public ignorance into cash
Cpu(s):  23.0% user,   2.7% system,   0.7% nice,  73.6% idle