Re: Bill Weisgerber (billwg) and the Paid2Post Microsoft Shills

__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Sunday 04 February 2007 13:15 \__

> Hi folks,
>
> Just received the following E-mail from a stranger. I anonymise it below
> and share it with you.
>
> ===
> hi,
>
> i just happened to notice that you spent some text debunking my old
> 'friend' bill weisgerber last spring.
>
> i went around with bill (& a host of other paid2post shills) on a nytimes
> forum for over 3 years. despite being exposed for what/who they were/are,
> they just would not quit their mindless pr firm hypenosys. at that time,
> the nytimes was quite supportive of their charade. what a blight.
>
> just anecdotal.
>
> best regards,
>
> <anon>
> ===

Addendum:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/browse_thread/thread/932b5f4e64448512/136480762f9ccd02?lnk=gst&q=bill+weisgerber&rnum=8#136480762f9ccd02
http://tinyurl.com/3xpaxa

"Bill Weisgerber, specifically, some of your posts here might be usable
against you"

So, "billwg" was posting in COLA on behalf of Microsoft Corporation. He did
so in other place as well.

COLA troll, I dare ask you, how many of you have been paid to post in this
newsgroup over the years? Are you are of the fact that your employer could
face a colossal PR and legal blunder over this?

Here are people whom I suspect are also, just like "billwg", Microsoft
shills:

        Larry Qualig (former Microsoft employee)
        Scott Nudds (AKA Vistaking)
        Erik Funkenbusch (formerly an anti-OS/2 astroturfer)
        flatfish+++ (Gary Stewart)
        Damian O'Leary (AKA Hadron Quark)
        linux-sux@xxxxxxxxx (changes names, but E-mail address remains consistent)
        Nedd Ludd
        Tim Smith
        amicus_curious
        OK
        DFS
        Terry
        Ana Thema

As I said before, Microsoft had already been caught paying forum members to
spread lies about rivals, e.g.
http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/gizmos/2005/11/2_grassroots_an.html

Microsoft also offered money for Wikipedia edits:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/internet/01/24/microsoft.wikipedia.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories