Re: [News] Petition Launched to Request Better Linux Drivers from ATI

__/ [ Robert Parsonage ] on Friday 02 February 2007 01:50 \__

> On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 08:04:11 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ATI Petition for Adequate Drivers in Linux
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | This petition is aimed at the designers at ATI who for whatever
>> | reason choose not to acknowledge our pleas and specifically at ATI
>> | as a company. The signers of this petition will no longer purchase
>> | ATI products until ATI make a workable 3D accelerated 64-bit driver
>> | for Linux and a 32-bit that utilizes the full potential of the
>> | Raedon chips.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.petitiononline.com/atipet/
>
> I wanted to see if I'd already signed the petition. Can't find
> out. Why?
>
> 'PetitionOnline.com has disabled the display of email addresses for
> signatories who chose to make their address public. We have done this
> to reduce the spread of harmful Windows viruses which harvest email
> addresses from the web cache of infected computers. This also prevents
> spammers from harvesting email addresses from this site.'
>
> Yet again, a non-Windows user is affected by the shit Microsoft
> produce. Surely it is time for action. Windows systems must be stopped
> from making any connections to the Internet unless they can show
> they are not infected. Microsoft should be made to pay the bill for
> what ever it costs to ensure this. Draconian measures required.

I have been saying this for about a year. The problem has become a huge one
with around 100 billion SPAM per day, 100-150 million PCs in the hands of
hackers (that's what Vint Cerf says), tens or hundreds of billions of
dollars spent on security and associated losses...

Out network here, by the way, in having serious problems. People are unable
to do their work because it's clogged up. Yesterday, the mass disconnections
(with GBP50 fines) began. Prepare for an age when Windows users whine a lot
for being isolated from the Web while Mac and Linux users carry on with
their routine work. In due course, for practical reasons, a switch will
entail more benefits than just Freedom.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Beware the Windows box spewage (more commonly known as "spam")
 11:20am  up 10 days 11:38,  6 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.16, 0.25