[News] Petition Launched to Request Better Linux Drivers from ATI

ATI Petition for Adequate Drivers in Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| This petition is aimed at the designers at ATI who for whatever
| reason choose not to acknowledge our pleas and specifically at ATI
| as a company. The signers of this petition will no longer purchase
| ATI products until ATI make a workable 3D accelerated 64-bit driver
| for Linux and a 32-bit that utilizes the full potential of the
| Raedon chips.
`----

http://www.petitiononline.com/atipet/

Related:

Is The ATI Driver Really "Evil"?

,----[ Quote ]
| Truthfully, AMD/ATI's Linux support is not poor. Their goals may not
| align with users wanting to run Beryl or Compiz, but they continue
| to provide monthly updated drivers.
`----

http://www.michaellarabel.com/index.php?k=blog&i=27

Coming Soon: Catalyst Control Center - Linux Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, I have to bring you an exciting news: Catalyst Control
| Center - Linux Edition is coming soon. The Windows version of
| it has been redone and a Linux version of it is coming soon.
| Maybe in february, maybe later this year.
`----

http://www.phoronix.net/forums/showthread.php?t=926

Free Linux Driver Development!

,----[ Quote ]