[News] MySQL to Significantly Improve (Approaching IPO)

Solid Unveils 2007 Roadmap of solidDB for MySQL

,----[ Quote ]
| For the first time, MySQL users will be able to take advantage of
| these advanced capabilities that are required to preserve
| business continuity and provide high level of service to end-users.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/News/Application/Solid_Unveils_2007_Roadmap_of_solidDB_for_MySQL

Related:

Real-time Linux vendor picks telecom database partner

,----[ Quote ]
| The companies will work together to expand their telecom-specific
| consulting services around MySQL-powered software running on
| FSMLabs's hard real-time enabled Carrier Grade Linux and BSD
| distributions, FSMLabs says.

InnoDB vs MyISAM vs Falcon benchmarks - part 1

,----[ Quote ]
| Several days ago MySQL AB made new storage engine Falcon available
| for wide auditory. We cannot miss this event and executed several
| benchmarks to see how Falcon performs in comparison to InnoDB and MyISAM.
|
| [...]
|
| Method of benchmark:
| 1. Prepare table with 1,000,000 records (about 350Mb of data on disk)
| 2. Run each query for 1, 4, 16, 64, 128, 256 concurrent threads.
| 3. For each thread perform a warm-up run (duration 180 sec), and then
| run three effective runs (duration of each is 60 sec).
| As the final result we get a maximal result of three runs
`----

http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2007/01/08/innodb-vs-myisam-vs-falcon-benchmarks-part-1/
http://tinyurl.com/y3x934

MySQL prepares for IPO and reveals Oracle endorsement

,----[ Quote ]
| "We are planning to go public," Mickos told Computer Business
| Review in an exclusive interview, adding that the Uppsala,
| Sweden-based database management vendor is in no hurry to go
| public after raising $18.5m in Series C funding this time
| last year and $39m in total.
`----

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=26F5F8B6-8CC6-4529-8DE7-65732FA84347

'MySQL, Linux powers Web 2.0' - O'Reilly

,----[ Quote ]
| Without Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP many Web 2.0 companies would not
| exist today. This is according to Tim O'Reilly, CEO of O'Reilly Media and
| the person most often credited for coining the term Web 2.0.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?id=1125

MySQL is Hiring

http://www.linuxlookup.com/2006/sep/21/mysql_is_hiring

Great Linux Joins Hands with MySQL

http://storage.ittoolbox.com/news/display.asp?i=148211&t=6

MySQL Expands Telecom Consulting & Services to Meet Growing Demand for Its
Open Source Database

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060919/20060919005445.html?.v=1

Open-source integration (Unisys signs partnership with MySQL)

http://www.gcn.com/print/25_28/41991-1.html

MySQL runs fastest

http://asay.blogspot.com/2006/08/mysql-runs-fastest.html

Jigsaw Business Contacts Marketplace Soars Past 3 Million Contacts; MySQL
Open Source Database to Power User-Generated Growth