Re: [News] Microsoft - 700, SourceForge - 141,625

On 2007-02-20, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 05:01:25 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft tries to be friendly to the open source community
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| When the company launched its code-sharing forum called CodePlex
>>| in May of 2006, the Web site only had 12 posted projects. Today,
>>| nine months later, there are more than 700 current projects on the
>>| site to allowing programmers and developers to contribute and
>>| freely share code in the IT community.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.itdirection.net/it-news-0006/021907-00099-it-news.shtml
>>
>> Even the brand-new Google hosting beats them.

> By the way, I'm not sure where you got the 141,625 figure.  I did an
> only came back with 118,051.  However, if you exclude projects that don't
> have any files, that number drops to 64,144.

Wow! 64,144* vs. 700. That makes MS .NYET mislabelled "code-sharing"
crapware look gobs better than it did!

In any event, apology accepted.

* Not that I trust MS Math. But I don't feel like bothering. I don't
have a monopoly that needs my apologies on their behalf.

--
Windows is not a virus. Viruses do something.