Re: [News] BBC May be Shutting Out 25% of Audience for Microsoft

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
> Oh, dear. Now they /think/ alike.

>        BBC urged to resist website ads

> "Overseas users would see adverts when they visited BBC websites
> A group representing UK media companies has called on the BBC Trust not to
> allow adverts to be published on its international websites."

> What on earth is happening to the BBC? I'm just glad that I gave away my TV a
> long time ago, so I no longer need to pay TV licence.

They're trying to find new funding streams.
The government keeps refusing their requests for TV license boosts and
they're constantly under threat from having the license revoked.

Besides, why shouldn't they insert adverts into their websites when accessed
from abroad?
They don't pay the license fee, so make them pay with irritating adverts
instead... That'll learn 'em.
:)
|   spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   |                                                 |
|            in            |  suck is probably the day they start making     |
|     Computer science     |  vacuum cleaners" - Ernst Jan Plugge            |