[News] Bizarre Microsoft Stories (in Doubt)

ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) broken in Vista.

,----[ Quote ]
| There appears to be a huge and very serious bug in the Vista
| networking stack. When ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) is
| enabled, after a seemingly random amount of time, whether
| downloading or not, websites will stops being accessible,
| along with some other things like Windows Live Messenger.
`----

http://batc.wordpress.com/2007/02/15/ics-internet-connection-sharing-broken-in-vista/

This could be one among many serious bugs that have already been noted.

Vista Damaging Hard Drives?!

,----[ Quote ]
| I have just learned from several readers who have just bought new
| computers from Best Buy within the past week or so that Best Buy
| is warning their customers that Windows Vista might physically
| damage their hard drives if they are not perfectly careful.
`----

http://www.tipsoftheweekonline.com/vistadamage.html

Microsoft Getting Into The Biowaste Business?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20070214/015249.shtml