Re: [News] Windows Vista on Uncyclopedia (Satire)

__/ [ suckmysav ] on Thursday 15 February 2007 09:20 \__

> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:27:49 +0000, Handover Phist wrote:
>
>> On 2007-02-14, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Windows Vista (Uncyclopedia Humour)
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Vista
>>
>> Oh lordy, I've never seen this site! Take a look through
>> http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Blue_Screen_of_Death. It's hilarious! Oh
>> man Roy I owe you one for turning me on to this. I'm gonna friggin die
>> laughing.
>>

> Did you follow the link to the Times Square BSoD.
>
> http://weblog.infoworld.com/dickerson/images/blue_screen2.jpg

There was one just before the Vista launch. Very ironic.

Vista launch: In search of Vista billboards

,----[ Quote ]
| That was at about 9:30 eastern time. Someone better get that
| fixed before hundreds of Microsoft's invited guests starting
| pouring into Times Square this afternoon for the Vista launch party.
`----

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/techtracks/archives/2007/01/vista_launch_in_search_of_vista_billboards.html

Also funny is this one:

Wow!

,----[ Quote ]
| I absolutely adore this photo from the Times. Not one smile in
| the bunch, never mind ebullience, mania or even pleasant anticipation.
`----

http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2007/01/wow.html

Watch the photo. Priceless. No money dancing this time around. Last year,
Ballmer said he would yell "Windows Windows Windows" when Vista comes out.
Well, he didn't. Nor did the following recur:

"Ballmer's tendency to loudly and enthusiastically express himself is well
known. A famous 1991 incident left his vocal cords requiring surgical repair
after he screamed "Windows, Windows, Windows" continuously during a meeting
in Japan.[5] With the advent of Internet video, such incidents have become
increasingly infamous."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballmer

--
                ~~ Greetings

Roy S. Schestowitz  | Windows is 'intuitive': go to 'Start' to finish session
 10:05am  up 23 days 10:23,  6 users,  load average: 0.53, 0.66, 0.70