Re: SCO Want to Sue PJ (Groklaw)

  • Subject: Re: SCO Want to Sue PJ (Groklaw)
  • From: Rafael <rafael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 19:06:54 +0900
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Rex Ballard wrote:
Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
SCO Vs. Blogger

,----[ Quote ]
| Now the Lindon, Utah, software company is fighting back by seeking to
| take a deposition from Jones. Just one problem: They can't find her.
`----
http://www.forbes.com/home/enterprisetech/2007/02/13/groklaw-sco-ibm-...http://tinyurl.com/2m4ulp

I seem to remember her being on CNN or one of the other cable news stations. It could be that SCO is doing another "Smoke and mirrors" maneuver. Much easier to claim that Groklaw is an IBM plot if you "can't find" the creator of Groklaw. If you find her, she could deny it and the Judge might just render a summary judgement or even find you in contempt of court.

Even if Susan [PJ] was an IBM employee, it would require her direct
testimony that she was being coached or guided by IBM management for
IBM to be directly implicated.  IBM does limit the technical
contributions of it's staff, requiring that management approval be
given for such activities as contributing source code to OSS
projects.  And even this is to prevent the accidental contribution of
proprietary code (IBM's or anyone else's) without getting the proper
permissions.

Voicing one's opinion is the perogative of the employee.  There are
certain restrictions related to the disclosure of confidential
information, but so long as there are no criminal activities involved,
employees have the right to free speech and free press.

As I recall, during the Cable TV interview she made it quite clear
that she was NOT an IBM employee, just a happy Linux user.

It could be interesting to see how things play out.  I get the
impression that both Judges are getting really sick and tired of SCO's
courtroom antics.

IMHO, it seems that a powerful few are vindictive enough to take any form of action to silence the truth being exposed. I found the article,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maureen_O'Gara

Of how this individual worked to harm PJ by going out of her way to publicly print personal private information to the world. It is one thing to disagree and express it in a civilised manner.

Which reminds me, in this forum of comparing Linux's benefits to other operating systems, I see similar attitudes of vindictiveness. It is one thing to discuss in a civilised manner, this is only proper. There are bound to be disagreements, this is understandable.

Most of what I see here is professors of alternatives, who would degrade the good name of Linux and advocates by filth felching, outright misrepresentations, etc., causing divisions and disruptions among the advocates.

I see personal and corporate agendas being expressed behind shallow vales. Greed makes people do strange things.

However, on a positive note I see little bits and pieces of information that Linux is actually succeeding and making large strides. No amount of FUD here on the 'net will de-sway this.

--
Cheers, Rafael

http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/anti_troll_faq.htm