Re: [News] Latest Wine/Linux Runs Half Life 2

Due to the clearing effect of the killfile
I was able to see Roy Schestowitz say:

> Linux Game Review - Half Life 2
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | With some recent technology available at www.winehq.com, Linux users
> | can play a popular game called Half Life 2. Half Life 2 is an
> | extensive journey in a future world.
> `----
>
> http://linux.about.com/od/softgame/fr/fr_halflife2.htm
>
> Wine compatibility seems to gradually make CrossOver and Cedega obsolete.
> If this pace is sustainable, games could cease to serve a barrier to Linux
> adoption. That said, native versions (Linux ports) are discouraged as
> well.

Well, crossover code quickly makes it's way to the wine project. I buy
crossover as a way to support wine, and it has a nice install app...

--
Tim Fairchild - Queensland Australia
Mandriva Linux release 2007.0 (Official) Linux 2.6.20