Which distro?

  • Subject: Which distro?
  • From: Peter Wichser <peter.wichser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:07:05 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Hi Linux users,

I have a hopefully simple question about which Linux distro is best? Our
system administrator says that with Windows it will be XP or Vista and thus
support is simple, but the reason there are so many Linux distros is that
none of them work properly and are just a patched mess. What is the reason
for so many distros and how can companies use more than one when one
considers the cost of support? To be honest we tried about 3 distros and
found one good at wireless, another good at opengl but none of them working
for all things. They seemed rather buggy and hobbyist to be honest with
you. XP and Vista "just worked" in our tests.

Any guidance would be well received!

cheers.