Re: Vista Alternative

__/ [ Freddie Lowndes ] on Monday 12 February 2007 10:21 \__

> Nick Ballard wrote:
>>
>> I'm running XGL & Compiz on Ubuntu with a low-end 7000 series nVIDIA
>> card with 1GB RAM. Piddly specs where Vista is concerned, but Linux
>> works beautifully on it.
>
> Beryl and Aero both run very well on a $45 Nvidia 7300LE or ATI Radeon
> X300SE.
>

> http://snipurl.com/19xe0
>
> Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE video. 1GB RAM.
>
> $430 after rebate with Vista Home Premium.

I'd but two Linux PCs for that price, with specs on par with what I'm using
at the moment. Madness. Overpricing becomes possible when one is required to
get the latest and greatest and price do not increase linearely as function
of novelty.

--
                ~~ Happy birthday, Mr. Lincoln

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: just set it and forget about it
 12:00pm  up 20 days 12:18,  6 users,  load average: 1.09, 1.25, 1.02