Re: No Point to this Newsgroup

  • Subject: Re: No Point to this Newsgroup
  • From: Handover Phist <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:57:41 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On 2007-02-11, Ian Semmel <anyoneNOJUNK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When you download the new headers, all you get is a screen full of crap from
> Schestowitz. Anything that might be interesting I have already read from the

Not true, I also get a bunch of header complaining about this group.

> TechRepublic and ZDNet newsletters I subscribe to and Schestowitz
> plagiarises from. Sometimes there are a few contributions from others but
> they are hidden in the garbage.

I don't believe he claims authorship on most of what he posts, which is
required for the term 'plagiarises'.

> It is a shame that one lunatic can hijack a newsgroup like this. In
> Australia, there is a crime on the books such that someone can be locked up
> for being declared a "serial pest" by the courts. We need a cyber version of
> this law to get rid of idiots like Schestowitz.

Perhaps Australia is the only country that requires such a law?

--
Flying is the second greatest feeling you can have.  The greatest feeling?
Landing...  Landing is the greatest feeling you can have.

http://www.websterscafe.com