Re: [News] Grundig Releases New Linux-based Phone

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Saturday 24 February 2007 07:55 \__

>> Single-core Linux phone hits the market
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Grundig Mobile has launched a Linux phone based on a single-core,
>>| single-chip architecture, long considered to be the "holy grail"
>>| of modern handset technology. The U900 runs Linux and an RTOS
>>| (real-time operating system) on an NXP ARM9-based SoC
>>| (system-on-chip), using VirtualLogix platform virtualization
>>| technology.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8694832985.html
>
> Hey - this is an interesting step forward.  I wonder if the battery life
> is improved this way?

I don't think it's 'infected', or Defendtive by Design. iPods are said to
lose 25% of their battery life due to DRM.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    (S)oftware (U)nd (S)ystem(E)ntwicklung
roy      pts/4                         Fri Feb 23 06:41   still logged in