[News] Buzzwords and Stereotypes in Open Source Software

Is "Open Source" Now Completely Meaningless?

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm deep into building the OSCON schedule. I've found some very
| strange companies claiming to be open source.
`----

http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2007/02/is_open_source.html

Linux Isn't About Politics

,----[ Quote ]
| First, says Golden, Free Software Foundation founder Richard
| Stallman "doesn't own Linux," so the fact that he attended the
| International Conference on Communication and Technology in
| Havana, Cuba, doesn't mean that agencies in the U.S. will
| immediately stop using Linux.
`----

http://www.itbusinessedge.com/item/?ci=24395

There are attempts made by shills to associated Linux with politics.

Related:

Does open source have a political agenda?

,----[ Quote ]
| Ideas like consensus, transparency, and connectivity, which have
| made the open source model possible, are now vital in growing our
| economy, and meeting challenges like global warming, disease,
| and aging.
|
| [...]
|
| Take our relations with the world. Open source shows that
| international consensus is possible, that building walls won't
| work, and that good ideas can come from anywhere. This implies
| that we need more friends, and fewer enemies.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=947

http://hacked.free-bsd.org/funstuff/pics/651.html

http://kevininscoe.com/pub/Nowee.opensource.png