Re: [News] Even Patent FUD and Lockins Failed to Stop Nationwide Linux/OSS Migrations

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Friday 23 February 2007 12:32 \__

> Verily I say unto thee, that B Gruff spake thusly:
>
>> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that you are implying that migrations
>> to Linux/OSS are often done quietly, and some even more quietly than
>> others?
>
> [snips]
>
>> It's a quiet revolution:-)
>
> I'd argue that it's a noisy revolution, it's just that the noise is
> being censored by the oppressors.

...If not sabotaged.

There have been cases in the past where people lost their job (sometimes just
their credibility) after Microsoft lobbied. Massachusetts and the EC come to
mind. It is not surprising that Munich keeps very quiet. Microsoft could try
to identify (nitpick) some issue and attempt to fire those who support the
migration. This /has/ happened before. An analyst even lost his job when he
published a paper that did not say nice things about Windows security. It
merely spoke about the dangers of a monoculture, IIRC.

Microsoft is abive the law. If you doubt it, you break the law, so hide.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz    The Holy Bible: http://www.gtk.org/documentation.html
Cpu(s):  22.2% user,   2.8% system,   0.9% nice,  74.1% idle