[News] New ATI Drivers for Linux, Benchmarks, Open Source/Reverse Engineering Effort

AMD Proprietary Linux Release Notes

,----[ Quote ]
| This release note provides information on the latest posting of
| AMD's Proprietary Linux driver version 8.34.8
`----

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/linux_8.34.8.html

There's already a benchmark up:

AMD 8.34.8 Display Driver - (Benchmarks)

,----[ Quote ]
| For the past few releases we have also been spotting changes "under
| the hood" with the firegl_public code. Well, compared against the
| 8.33.6 release, in 8.34.8 are over 1200 lines of fresh new code!
| This is nice to see, but unfortunately, most of the magic we are
| looking for resides in the closed-source portion. The fglrx 8.34.8
| also has not adopted the changes needed for the Linux 2.6.20 Kernel.
| However, many distribution packages (including Fedora) have adopted
| a patch to temporarily enable this support.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=649&num=1

R500 Reverse Engineering

,----[ Quote ]