Re: More Windows hilarity and mainstream media confusion

__/ [ suckmysav ] on Wednesday 21 February 2007 22:48 \__

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ_SMALL.GHI

> Despite the glaringly bad english that is worthy of a 419
> scammer, the "Computer Expert" they interviewed earnestly
> described the scam as being "very well executed".
>
> Sigh. If a truly well executed scam ever arrives then
> Windows Land is truly fucked.

When I posted this a couple of days ago I tried to make it clear that such
attacks rely on brute-force mailing, which in itself relies on the
insecurity of Windows. There are 100-150 million hijacked Windows machines
out there and their SPAMming capacity is that which can clog up the Web and
knock down mail servers (this happened when major SPAMmers did a test run at
the end of last year). There's a cycle of abuse here.

--
                ~~ With compliments

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Free the mind, the source will follow"
         run-level 5  Jan 23 00:41                   last=S