Re: AMD Executive: Wintel Sucked Profit Out of Industry

on Jan 10 2007 13:43amicus_curious wrote:

> You conveniently ignore the personal wealth of Michael
> Dell and others who prospered nearly as much as Bill
> Gates from this abuse from Microsoft and Intel ..

I'm glad you agree it was abuse.  Do you think such personal profits of
Gates and Michael Dell justify MS leaning on the OEMs to not sell Linux
desktops. Or Intel leaning on OEMs to not use AMD processors.

It's easy to make a profit when DELL can get someone to pay them to
install a PC in a customers premises and then go back in three times
and repair it for nothing.