Re: [News] AMD Executive: Wintel Sucked Profit Out of Industry

  • Subject: Re: [News] AMD Executive: Wintel Sucked Profit Out of Industry
  • From: "amicus_curious" <ACDC@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 08:43:21 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
news:5073942.gCsZ5RRb5L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tp://tinyurl.com/yf475k

> It's well known which two companies picked the large margins at the
> expense
> of the OEMs which, as a result, could not afford retaliation tactics and
> remained loyal to monopolies.

You conveniently ignore the personal wealth of Michael Dell and others who
prospered nearly as much as Bill Gates from this abuse from Microsoft and
Intel.  "Thank you, sir!  Can I please have another?" to quote the
fraternity rush week chant.

The facts are that millions of people involved in the PC industry, which
essentially came into being with the IBM PC, have profited a lot.  There are
thousands of Microsoft millionaires alone and that is just the tip of the
iceberg.

A rising tide floats all boats, you know.  Thank the stars for Microsoft
making the right moves at the right time.  Maybe some other company could
have done the same, but they were not there for the doing and the industry
success is history.