Re: The "55-GBPound Linux Laptops" to be Available to the Public!

__/ [ 486box ] on Wednesday 10 January 2007 13:08 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Public can purchase $100 laptop
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The backers of the One Laptop Per Child project plan to
>> | release the machine on general sale next year.
>> `----

> Cool. Might get one used, since they seem like they would be nice as
> 'disposable' laptops, that is, 'Don't worry if you lose one, they're
> not expensive and I can just pick up another.' Maybe a server too,
> since they're really-low-power.

These could prove rather appealing to campers/ramblers who can crank these up
rather than buy and carry many batteries. Think about people who travel in
the wild for days or weeks. It can be used as a music player, too. Difficult
to damage and it endures falls, bright sunlight, etc.

--
                        ~~ Best regards

For governments that eavesdrop, here is a quick list of tags: Communism,
Hawaiian shirts, China, Suitcase, Martha Stewart, Encryption, Prison,
Stalin. Thanks for tuning in.