Re: [ot] Breaking Jute News!

__/ [ BearItAll ] on Monday 08 January 2007 13:45 \__

> Ministry of Jute wrote:
>

>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6235637.stm
>>
>> Indian jute workers go on strike
>>
>> *Nearly a quarter of a million jute workers have gone on indefinite
>> strike in the Indian state of West Bengal over pay and bonuses.*
>
> Gosh.

John, please don't nymshift like this because it leads to confusion. I guess
West Bengal could lower its spending by choosing Free software. Apparently,
3 states in India have already gone in this direction.

Then, poverty can be addressed more properly. Equal opportunity comes from
the ability of having everyone's voice count. A Neutral Internet and Free
software are precisely what we need. No barriers leads to open minds, better
collaboration and, consequently, less backlash as that which is shown above.
Lets' not pretend that there's democracy and everyone's voice counts equally
(hackable ballot aside). If a Windows server costs $20,000 per processor,
then only the rich get an audience. Also, let's not get started about
companies lobbying for presidential candidates, parties, and litigious
agendas. All of this is 'eliminatable' through transparency (not only in the
context of code).

--
                        ~~ Best wishes for the new year!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Get the most out of your hardware. Get Linux.
  2:20pm  up 82 days  0:34,  6 users,  load average: 0.51, 0.68, 0.67