Re: [News] Microsoft Acknowledges that Windows Vista Has DVD Issues

Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 07:35:58 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

High-quality DVDs will not operate on some Vista PCs

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has been forced to acknowledge that a substantial number
| of PCs running the new version of its Windows operating system will
| not be able to play high-quality DVDs.
`----

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,5-2536050,00.html#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=Business

Don't forget that *NONE* of those DVD's will play on *ANY* version of Linux either.

How come nobody ever mentions that?

I'm not sure why it's Microsoft's fault that content providers decide to enforce HDCP.