[News] Gates Foundation Has Big Shares in Television Network

Gates sold 100,000 Univision shares-SEC filing

,----[ Quote ]
| The foundation said it sold its remaining stake in Univision,
| which is in the process of being acquired by private investors,
| for an average of $35.34 per share in open market transactions.
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsmlreuters.com:20070105:MTFH49951_2007-01-05_22-11-13_N05298823&type=comktNews&rpc=44
http://tinyurl.com/yll88p

I bet there wasn't much coverage of GNU/Linux by Univision, eh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univision

,----[ Quote ]
| Univision (pronounced Univisión in Spanish; NYSE: UVN) is the
| largest Spanish-language television network in the United States,
| and overall, the fifth-largest American network (right behind Fox,
| ABC, NBC, and CBS); and is one of ten major mainstream/commercial
| broadcast networks in the United States, alongside NBC, CBS, Fox,
| ABC, i (formerly Pax), The CW, Fox's sister network MyNetworkTV,
| its sister network TeleFutura and top rival -- NBC-owned Telemundo.
| It is known to be one of the most Eurocentric channels on cable.
| Univision has been critized for not displaying the diversity
| in Latin America.

Bill Gates lends cash to buy newspapers

$350 million to MediaNews

,----[ Quote ]
| Gates involvement has been very behind the scenes. In fact many of
| those involved in the deal didn'teven know he was one of the investors.
| It was carried out through the Gates Foundation, the world's largest
| philanthropy outfit.

Has Demetri Martin Jumped the Shark by Getting Into Bed with Microsoft?
Clarification on "Clearification" Marketing Campaign

,----[ Quote ]
| When I first saw the Clearification website, I just thought it was
| Demetri's new project. But I did wonder why the videos were of such
| high production value. Turns out that Microsoft is footing the bill
| to not only this site, but are also underwritting his current tour.
`----

http://www.themodernage.org/2006/11/12/demetri-martin-bring-clearification-to-the-web/

Wrong Yesterday Wrong Today Wrong Tomorrow

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://fixyourthinking.com/2006/11/wrong-yesterday-wrong-today-wrong.html