Re: [News] Short Review of Linux XP (Windows Lookalike)

On 2007-01-05, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Linux XP: Review
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Linux XP does an admirable job of mimicing Windows XP?s behavior,
>| so a typical XP user may find switching to LXP very easy. At the
>| same time, the more fundamental question I?d ask is, if you are
>| switching to Linux, why bother retaining windows XP layout, when
>| Linux has better options?
> `----
>
> http://www.nsharp.org/01/linux-xp-review/

"Strangely, Open office was not included in the installation, which is a
pity"

It seems it copies XP quite well!

"The second problem with LXP (in my opinion) is that it is a paid OS -
i.e. you have to pay to obtain a licence."

Really REALLY well!

--
Almost nothing in Perl serves a single purpose.
		-- Larry Wall in <199712040054.QAA13811@xxxxxxxx>

http://www.websterscafe.com