Re: Looks like Roy is once again infringing copyrights...

__/ [ nrballardco@xxxxxxxxx ] on Monday 01 January 2007 10:17 \__

> nrballardco@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> > __/ [ nrballardco@xxxxxxxxx ] on Monday 01 January 2007 06:55 \__

>> > That's why you should ignore anything they ever say about your dad. Some
>> > of the things they say in this thread are lies which they repeat over
>> > and over again, so I just can't bother to set the record straight. If
>> > they repeat the lies many times (from different mouth), it's a
>> > brute-force thing. It's a DDOS attack that's time-consuming to combat.
>> > Why else would someone bother writing a 400-line message elaborating on
>> > things...?
>>
>> Very true.  They flame this group every 5 minutes or less (as proven by
>> "Reuben Kincaid"), and then flame *you* for DDOSing this group.  It
>
> ...they *accuse* you.  Excuse me...

There's a frustrating equivalent in the press. Once some supposedly-hot piece
of gossip percolates too much&quickly, the damage is done and no amount of
work can revert and cancel the damage.

Recent example: someone asked MySQL's support why binaries were not available
for Debian. $Support Rep said that Debian is no longer supported when in
fact it was just a case of belated upload/update. slashdot posted this
observation, which then percolated to all the major Linux Web sites.
Subsequent corrections didn't help much. MySQL is being criticised for many
little things recently (nitpicking)... a couple of day ago, a former
employees spoke about the closing of some packages and 'proprietarisation'
of the product. I don't think he was speaking on behalf of the company he
once spoke for, but this received wise exposure.

Moral of the story: When many sources argue the same thing, find the common
source (because they don't necessarily all corroborate) and ask yourself how
many people are out there to disspell the myth/s. Microsoft has deep pockets
so it can buy a lot of urrmmm.... Ferarri laptops. Sugar Daddy is always up
to no good...

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd 3-D Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
  1:05pm  up 74 days 23:19,  6 users,  load average: 1.09, 0.64, 0.56