Re: [News] User Dissatifaction with Microsoft and FLOSS Defections

  • Subject: Re: [News] User Dissatifaction with Microsoft and FLOSS Defections
  • From: Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 18:04:12 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 20:05:33 -0500,
 RonB <ronb02nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 17:55:34 -0500, amicus_curious wrote:
>
>>  But a new day is
>> dawning and soon all will be right with the world as soon as Microsoft
>> manages to alienate all of their customers.
>
> Trying to force me to download IE 7 is not helping their cause.

Helped the "windows guy" at work deal with a rather amusing (to me)
glitch with a W2k3 box, used as a file and exchange server. (oh how I
loathe exchange, but that's a rant for another day.)

Turns out, that the file indexing thingy is on, automagically, on a
fileserver, where it does no-one any good, using up almost 10% of the
240GB drive... and slowing the machine down.

Not sure why the windows media player was installed, but again, that's a
subject for another day.

Happy new year all, even the fucktard trolls, on that note,  hi WJ,
Flatty, DFS, etc.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.
		  -- Calvin