Re: [News] Ignorance Stifles O/S Exploration

__/ [ Kelsey Bjarnason ] on Thursday 18 January 2007 00:23 \__

> On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 14:11:36 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Ignorance of College Students is Keeping Windows On Top of Mac
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The first 20 minutes of the class was completely wasted while a
>> | majority of the Windows Users had questions for the teacher on
>> | why they were getting errors from IE while opening the excel
>> | document (I'm not exaggerating this). I was all ready to
>> | go on my MacBook.
>> |
>> |  The first 20 minutes of the class was completely wasted while a
>> |  majority
>> | of the Windows Users had questions for the teacher on why they were
>> | getting errors from IE while opening the excel document (I'm not
>> | exaggerating this). I was all ready to go on my MacBook.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.techpwn.com/files/4b322c3632ec3e22c091c36b020d2091-40.html
>
> Snicker.  Did I happen to mention encountering someone just a couple of
> days ago who actually thought Microsoft created the PC... and the Internet?

It is ironic and sad that their most successful products are in fact
copycats. Some of their innovation was simply DoA. Remember the kettle that
tells you the weather? How about tablet PC's (e.g. Origami)? No better than
Zune song sharing (Wi-fi, expires after 3 playbacks, if only you could find
someone to share songs /with/)...

> The mind boggles.

Actually, have a look here. It just what you come to expect. It's appalling
that we sometimes need to explain to people that Linux is not a Windows
clone... among all that other malarkey...

All the Myth about Microsoft!

,----[ Quote ]
|     * Microsoft was first with graphical user interface
|
|     * Microsoft designed BASIC Language
|
|     * Microsoft designed visual basic
|
|     * Microsoft invented DOS
|
|     * Microsoft designed the first spreadsheet - Excel
|
|     * Microsoft designed the first word processor
|
|     * First with Internet browser
`----

http://196.2.70.231:8080/ict_blog/open-ict-hacks/microsoft-myth

It reminds me of that famous CTRL+ALT+DEL video. Something along the lines
of: We are the one who made it (for debugging purposes), but it's Bill Gates
who made it famous.

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Web 2.0 is everything that can be spammed"
--Unknown
roy      pts/4                         Wed Jan 17 18:16 - 18:17  (00:00)