Re: [News] Another "It's a Feature, Not a Bug" in Windows

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Working around IE7s prompt bug, er feature
>
> ,----[ Quote ]

> | So while every other browser on the planet can handle javascript
> | prompts -- and have done so, pretty much since javascript was
> | first stuffed inside the browser -- Microsoft didn't have the
                                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> | resources to deal with it and so, effectively, disabled it.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Incredible, isn't it?

It just shows you how they diverted resources from every nook and
cranny at Redmond, in a last ditch attempt to get Vista out the
door. Six years of stagnation, a veritable ghost-town, everywhere
except in the Vista Development Broom Cupboard, and the result
... a steaming pile of nagware.

Pretty sad really.

Then again, does anyone ever really expect Microsoft to understand,
let alone adhere to, standards ... much less do anything as prosaic as
actually dedicate resources towards that goal.

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

.----
| "We shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support
| any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the
| success of liberty." - John F. Kennedy
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6
 16:40:07 up 58 days,  9:01,  3 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.11, 0.17