[News] Channel 4 (UK) Takes the BBC Route, Snubs Apple and Free Software

Channel 4 offering on-demand TV for UK users but not Mac/Linux compatible!

,----[ Quote ]
| Seriously, this has gone too far, they explicitly state on their site
| that they're required to use a certain DRM by their content owners
| which is obviously WMV:
| http://help.channel4.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?
| St=80,E=0000000000004217305,K=4636,Sxi=19,CASE=1363 We need Apple to
| open up FairPlay! Who's with me?
`----

http://digg.com/apple/Channel_4_offering_on_demand_TV_for_UK_users_but_not_Mac_Linux_compatible
http://tinyurl.com/y2txlv

Related:

Beeb breaks out with Windows WMA protection

,----[ Quote ]