[News] Microsoft Creates Open Source Confusion, Corrupts the Term

Soft sell for open source apps

,----[ Quote ]
| When vendors aren't counting licenses, they're free to concentrate on
| quality code
|
| [...]
|
| Schroer says there's no contradiction between open source and the
| Microsoft software ecosystem. "Microsoft has a particular business
| model that works for them. But around that they're encouraging open
| source development," he explains.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/01/15/03OPopenent_1.html

So suddenly it's not "communism" and it doesn't "belong in a museum" as Gates
would say?

A New Evangelist for Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| When I first heard about this? let's call it "rumor," I have to admit
| that I was rather shocked at the very prospect of Microsoft wanting
| to bring on an "open source" evangelist into their ranks.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2432&Itemid=449

Let's just reminds outselves what Microsoft /really/ thinks about Open Source
software development.

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://archive.salon.com/tech/log/2001/02/15/unamerican/index.html