Re: Vista pushing Linux sales

__/ [ Handover Phist ] on Sunday 14 January 2007 19:11 \__

> Business involving sales of Linux desktop installations are rising fast
> in my neck of the woods. This is the first Sunday I've received a
> business call from someone requesting I set up a dual boot system for
> them, and I'm hearing lots of buzz about people wanting to switch. I
> believe I actually predicted 2007 to be "The Year Of Linux" just before
> Christmas, and I think I'll say it again.
>
> Folks are tired of being screwed by Microsoft, and ordinary users are
> actively looking for alternatives. With Macs being as pricey as they are
> and people wanting to keep using any machine that is rated faster than
> 1Ghz, Linux is a choice that sticks out and sells itself.
>
> Thank you Microsoft, for making my job easy and lucrative.

Same trend in our neck of the woods. New PC's are all dual-boot by default.
It doesn't mean parity. It means a gentle prod for upgrade & migration --
vocation and a cushion.

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    X-No-Archive: No. Stand behind what you say
roy      pts/5                         Sun Jan 14 11:25   still logged in