Re: TVNGO patent television popups ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Sunday 14 January 2007 15:34 \__

http://www.israel21c.org/bin/en.jsp?enDispWho=Articles%5El1525&enPage=BlankPage&enDisplay=view&enDispWhat=object&enVersion=0&enZone=Technology

> Didn't this used to be known as picture in picture ..
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picture-in-picture

Didn't someone patent in-game adverts? I suspect it could have been
Microsoft. Also see the following:

Microsoft patents Tivo for commercial breaks

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has patented the idea of inserting fresh advertisements
| into old recordings on personal video recorders, to ensure you see
| today's ads even if you're watching a recording from last week.
`----

http://www.itwire.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7946&Itemid=1063

Also see (XBox 'defacing'):

November 17 - The Metro

,----[ Quote ]
| The metro. Distributed free on trains and busses throughout England. As
| my daily source of offline information, I picked up my copy, as per usual
| and sat down to read it...
|
| [snip]
|
| (Claimed 35 XBox 360 adverts in a 50-page paper)
`----

http://globa-tech.blogspot.com/2006/11/november-17-metro.html

Mentioned briefly before, but here are some high-res screenshots.

,----[ Quote ]
| Ok yeah I know, i understand marketing and they are going to sell their
| souls to highest bidder, but this shit is just REDICULOUS.
`----

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1133461

Microsoft to make the most of a PS3-less Christmas

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.360-gamer.com/news.asp?id=125

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd 3-D Othello: http://othellomaster.com
  4:20pm  up 88 days  2:34,  7 users,  load average: 1.77, 0.67, 0.25