Re: [News] European Union Changes Mind, Linux Support is Legal

  • Subject: Re: [News] European Union Changes Mind, Linux Support is Legal
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:43:50 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Saturday 13 January 2007 08:20 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> Paul Hovnanian P.E. <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> 7 wrote:

>>> "The Council said the reason for its failure to support Linux was the
>>>  complexity of offering such support. "Streaming in 23 languages is very
>>>  difficult," said the spokesman. Referring to Windows and Mac OS, he
>>>  said: "It is easier to take what is used by many, if not all, the
>>>  people."
>>> "
>>>
>>> The above EU statement is not reasonable at all.
>>> It is possible to stream in open formats for which
>>> there are open source decoders available free for all platforms.
>>> However streaming in proprietory formats is double the work,
>>> and reaches fewer audiences.
>>> Hence the EU Council's position is not tennable.
>>> It merely functions as a puppet to business interests
>>> that lobby very hard to push their own interests ONLY.
>>
>> Its a real shame they haven't kept up with their history lessons. The
>> last time some Europeans got national and corporate interests entangled,
>> quite a few people died trying to sort that mess out.
>>

> Indeed.  These days, when corporate and national interests get confused,
> only the Arabs die.

It's a shame that these same businesses and governments (make that singular)
are being fed by global monopolies. Free software and free culture (think
Hollywood) would cut the air supply of greedy one,s to whom death is
exchangeable with funds. They are destroying the social glue in the world,
which could sooner or later not only destroy the world ecologically, but
could also lead to mass-scale disasters. Not even the suppression by spies
and a military can hold back what results from twisted, egocentric minds.
It's time to rethink.

http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/13/0049220&from=rss

Global warming is a "theory".

Evolution is a "theory".

The same kids are being taught that money is the ruler of all desires.

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Mod me up and I'll mod you 'insightful'"
roy      pts/5                         Sat Jan 13 10:43 - 10:53  (00:10)