Re: Vista incompatible with Samba ..

__/ [ Rick ] on Thursday 11 January 2007 18:50 \__

http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/08/08/1247220&tid=109&tid=11&tid=106

>> FLOSS Weekly 14: Jeremy Allison of Samba
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | 'In the section of the interview from around 33m30s to 39m00 Jeremy
>> | Allison reports how he was told that the Microsoft team implementing
>> | SMB2 were ordered to "f**k with Samba".'
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.twit.tv/floww14
>
> Vista ain't done 'til Samba won't run.

It was almost a year ago when I said in this newsgroup that Port25 (Open
Source Labs) is used to ensure that 'Linux things' break. One hands over the
Vista build to them and ensures Samba no longer works. I guess there was
truth in that statament...

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector"
  7:00pm  up 85 days  5:14,  6 users,  load average: 0.61, 0.65, 0.78