Re: NSA helped Microsoft make Vista secure

  • Subject: Re: NSA helped Microsoft make Vista secure
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:53:59 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Thursday 11 January 2007 13:33 \__

> On 2007-01-11, Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Sinister Midget belched out this bit o'
>> wisdom:
>>
>>> On 2007-01-11, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted
>>> something concerning:

>>> We can see 'em right there in the source code. Just like we can do with
>>> Windows.
>>
>> Erik sure likes to toss you softballs.
>
> I think he expects us to let some of those slip. But I refuse to allow
> those to go by unchallenged too often lest somebody believe the little
> Desnnis the Menace kid has a point.
>
> Frankly, it gets a bit tedious having to refute the same things over
> and over. But that's what it takes to teach pets and retarded kids.
>
> Erik will catch on some day.

He has been quiet recently, based on the lack of replies to him that are
visible. Same with Gary, who has apparently moved on to other forums. I
reckon they have decided to move on to attacking threats against which they
have a chance (maybe Google? Being "evil" is a good amunition). It's like
the OS/2 cycle. It's a new Microsoft project with a different codename
(Rainbow?). Windows Vista is the last of its kind, so it's time to worry
about another city which is bound to be defeated and lost---Web services,
i.e. Live.

I hear that they may already be paying people to run pro-XBox Web sites and
maybe for people to participate in (READ: disrupt) forums. It's another key
section where hardware (Microsoft makes chips) and games are involved.

Lastly, as for the Zune (media), Microsoft has already approached bloggers
and I have actual proof.

Anywhere Microsoft has products there will be viral marketing, shills, gifts,
and possible even cheques (the last one is a black/grey area that's easier
to track and detect). They manage to get away with all the rest.

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | #FFFFFFF4 ADD &R1, "9999999", &BankAccount
         run-level 5  Oct 18 14:45                   last=S